Yoga for Athletes Five-Day Teachers’ Intensive in California
Sunday June 18, 2017 @ All Day at 1440 Multiversity
The field of yoga for athletes is growing in exciting directions as more and more athletes credit yoga with taking their performance to the next level. Specializing in yoga for athletes allows you to share yoga’s benefits with a new, receptive population.
Sage Rountree, a pioneer in the field, has multifaceted experience as a coach, athlete, and teacher working with endurance-sports athletes and collegiate teams.
This five-day intensive on yoga for sports training is designed for yoga teachers interested in working with athletes of all sports. It will also be useful for coaches, PE teachers, and personal trainers.
Through lecture, group discussion, led yoga sequences, and practice teaching, you will learn:
- Philosophy: clear and easy ways to describe yoga philosophy that athletes will appreciate
- Physiology: the role yoga plays in the context of a training cycle so you can best serve your students
- Psychology: to understand the needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to a yoga practice
- Pedagogy: how to modify classes for athletes of various sports, different levels of experience, and all points in the training cycle
- Profession: how to create your business goals, structure a working plan, and embark on a successful career teaching yoga to athletes and everyone.
You will leave with a new awareness of the parallels between yoga and sports training, empowered with skills to teach athletes in studio, gym, team, or one-on-one settings.
This teachers’ intensive parallels the content side of Sage’s online Teaching Yoga to Athletes course.