Yoga for Athletes Five-Day Teachers’ Intensive in North Carolina
Monday July 08, 2013 @ 9:00 am–5:00 pm at Carrboro Yoga Company
- Philosophy: learn clear and easy ways to describe yoga philosophy in ways your athletes will appreciate
- Physiology: consider the role yoga plays in the context of a training cycle so you can best serve your students
- Psychology: understand the needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to a yoga practice
- Pedagogy: learn to modify classes for athletes of various sports, differing levels of experience, and all points in the training cycle
- Profession: define your business goals, structure a working plan, and embark on a successful career teaching yoga to athletes and everyone
Participants will gain a new awareness of the parallels between yoga and sports training and will leave feeling empowered to teach yoga to athletes in studio, gym, team, or one-on-one settings. The workshop may also be used for CEUs and CECs; contact us for details.
This intensive parallels the content of Sage’s online course on teaching yoga to athletes. After the training, you can choose to upgrade to a certification track. Upon completion of a take-home exam and submission of a teaching video, participants who are already teaching at the Yoga Alliance 200-hour level or have comparable experience will receive a certification in teaching yoga to athletes. In addition, the certification track includes free access to the online version of the course, which contains resources and specific sequences for working with different sports and needs, as well as ongoing support from Sage and your colleagues.
Recommended reading: Sage Rountree, The Athlete’s Guide to Yoga, The Athlete’s Pocket Guide to Yoga, and The Runner’s Guide to Yoga. These are all available at the studio or on Amazon. You’ll receive a printed manual on the first morning of the intensive.
Many hotels are located a short drive from the studio, and a Hampton Inn is slated to open a block away. The studio is located just above the wonderful local co-op, with a hot bar, extensive salad and sushi bars, and bakery. In addition to learning a ton, expect to enjoy your stay in our beautiful town.
Monday, July 8–Friday, July 12, 9:00–noon and 1:30–5:00 daily.