I’ve just scheduled my annual five-day teachers’ intensive at my home studio, the Carrboro Yoga Company. Come enjoy a wonderful week with like-minded colleagues in beautiful central North Carolina. There’s even a brand-new Hampton Inn nearby, so you can live car-free for the week in our vibrant, walkable town. This workshop usually has participants from around the country and even Europe: I guarantee it’ll be a week that changes your teaching and your career while earning you a bunch of new friends. Details:
As more and more athletes credit yoga with taking their performance to the next level, the field of yoga for athletes is growing in exciting directions. Specializing in yoga for athletes allows you to share yoga’s benefits with a new, receptive population. Sage Rountree, a pioneer in the field, has multifaceted experience as a coach, athlete, and teacher working with endurance-sports athletes and collegiate teams.
- Philosophy: learn clear and easy ways to describe yoga philosophy in ways your athletes will appreciate
- Physiology: consider the role yoga plays in the context of a training cycle so you can best serve your students
- Psychology: understand the needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to a yoga practice
- Pedagogy: learn to modify classes for athletes of various sports, differing levels of experience, and all points in the training cycle
- Profession: define your business goals, structure a working plan, and embark on a successful career teaching yoga to athletes and everyone
Participants will gain a new awareness of the parallels between yoga and sports training and will leave feeling empowered to teach yoga to athletes in studio, gym, team, or one-on-one settings. The workshop may also be used for CEUs and CECs; contact us for details.
This intensive parallels the content of Sage’s online course on teaching yoga to athletes. After the training, you can choose to upgrade to a certification track. Upon completion of a take-home exam and submission of a teaching video, participants who are already teaching at the Yoga Alliance 200-hour level or have comparable experience will receive a certification in teaching yoga to athletes. In addition, the certification track includes free access to the online version of the course, which contains resources and specific sequences for working with different sports and needs, as well as ongoing support from Sage and your colleagues.
Many hotels are located a short drive from the studio, including a Hampton Inn a block away (no car needed!). The studio is located just above the wonderful local co-op, with a hot bar, extensive salad and sushi bars, and bakery. In addition to learning a ton, expect to enjoy your stay in our beautiful town.
Monday, June 23–Friday, June 27, 9:00–noon and 1:30–5:00 daily.
$799; $749 before June 1