We always have a lot of fun in the teacher trainings and intensives I lead. But I can’t remember having as much fun or belly laughs in a workshop as we had in Classroom Management and Safety. What is often a weighty, serious, and scary topic is less frightening when you break it down with colleagues and skits.
Now you can join the fun by following the online version of the course. From heart attacks to fart attacks (seriously), setting up the classroom to handling uncomfortable conversations with students, we cover a broad, inclusive range of issues. You’ll finish the course feeling more able to deal with whatever happens in your class, whether it has two students, twenty, or two hundred. Feel free to contact me with any questions—and I look forward to hearing your voice in the course comments.
The very first step of the first limb of yoga is ahimsa, nonharming. With this goal in mind, we seek to keep our students safe in class. Once their safety is ensured, our choices in how we set up and manage the classroom directly affect the quality of the students’ experience and the feel of the class. In this online course with Sage Rountree and Lies Sapp—plus special guest, first-aid teacher Kathy DiBlasio—we investigate all the choices that contribute to the safety and quality of your class.
Studio owners Lies Sapp and Sage Rountree lead this investigation of how to skillfully manage your classroom. From handling emergencies to calming chatty students, choosing music to using proper guidelines to touch, liability to audibility, we cover all elements of the teacher’s role and choices. After taking this course, you’ll feel capable, confident, and equipped to handle whatever comes your way.
- classroom setup, lighting, temperature
- setting the tone with a proper introduction and overview
- handling medical emergencies, from serious to minor
- basic first aid for issues yoga teachers may encounter
- the obligations and liabilities of being a yoga teacher
- speaking to students outside of class about sensitive issues from odor to proper teacher-student boundaries
- managing student behavior in class to ensure a pleasant experience for everyone
- working with studio owners and fellow teachers to build a strong container for your class
And yes, we address graceful ways to allow for various body issues that inevitably occur in class, from farts to erections.
When you sign up for the course, you’ll receive instant, lifetime access to more than eight hours of video:
- nine lectures and discussions
- three varied yoga practices to help you consider how particulars affect student experience
- hundreds of ideas for clear communication with your students
Work at your own pace and at a time that’s convenient for you, and use your lifetime access to review the materials (and comments) at your leisure.
Could not load product information
Use the code SAGEBLOG to sign up before July 1, 2014, and you’ll save $50—all this content and confidence is yours for only $99.
Satisfaction guaranteed. If you aren’t completely happy with what you learn, you’ll receive a full refund.