Here are a few ideas as you finish (or start!) your holiday gift shopping. Thanks for considering them!
These books are available on Amazon, at your favorite local seller, or direct from me. If you order from me, I’m happy to personalize!
For Yogis, Athletic or Not
- Everyday Yoga: At-Home Routines to Enhance Fitness, Build Strength, and Restore Your Body
- Lifelong Yoga: Maximizing Your Balance, Flexibility, and Core Strength in Your 50s, 60s, and Beyond, co-written with Alexandra DeSiato
- The Athlete’s Guide to Yoga: An Integrated Approach to Strength, Flexibility, and Focus
- The Athlete’s Pocket Guide to Yoga: 50 Routines for Flexibility, Balance, and Focus
- The Runner’s Guide to Yoga: A Practical Approach to Building Strength and Flexibility for Better Running
- The Athlete’s Guide to Recovery: Rest, Relax, and Restore for Peak Performance
- Racing Wisely (also available in audiobook read by me)
- Alison Heilig’s excellent new book The Durable Runner: A Guide to Injury-Free Running, with a foreword by me
- Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses: A Practical Approach for Integrating Themes, Ideas, and Inspiration into Your Class, co-written with Alexandra DeSiato
If you like to give experiences, not things, consider a gift card for your recipient’s locally owned yoga studio. If you’re in central North Carolina, we offer gift cards in any amount for Carolina Yoga Company and for Hillsborough Spa and Day Retreat. Or give a membership to YogaVibes, where your friend can stream hundreds of online classes, including dozens of classes with me. The code sagevibes will save you $50 on an annual subscription. You could also give a subscription to my Core Strength for Real People video series, but please do that only if you know the recipient really wants it—otherwise it might convey Peloton Wife vibes!
Or give an experience, like a weekend or a full week at the beautiful Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in western Massachusetts. I’ll be offering these workshops there in January:
- Yoga for Athletes: Strength, Flexibility, and Focus, Friday–Sunday, January 24–26. This is for athletes and teachers of any sport or any level of experience. People often repeat it year in and year out!
- Teaching Yoga to Athletes, Sunday–Friday, January 26–31. This is for teachers from any background who want to work with athletes, and it parallels the content side of my online course on the same topic.
Product + Service Combined
Yoga mats are a great accompaniment to a Yoga Vibes membership or a studio gift card. I think of mats like cars. Some are cushy and posh, with low road feel, like a Cadillac. The prAna ECO Mat is such a mat. I love it for both Pilates and yoga, especially when the practice is low to the ground. Others are sporty and really let you feel the ground under you, like a Porsche. The Manduka PRO is such a mat; they kindly sent me one a few years ago and my husband immediately co-opted it as his own!