Online Yoga for Athletes Teacher Training and Certification
This one-of-a-kind course with America’s leading expert on yoga for athletes will help you take your teaching to the next level and empower you to teach athletes of all sports and levels in studio, gym, or one-on-one settings. Earn CEUs and expand your understanding of yoga, sports training, and the connections between them.
Sage Rountree is author of four books on yoga for athletes, Runner’s World yoga expert, and Yoga Journal‘s Active Yogi columnist. A coach and competitive endurance athlete as well as a skilled teacher trainer, she brings her wealth of knowledge and experience to bear in her lessons for athletes and yoga teachers interested in working with athletes and everyone.
If you’ve been dreaming of working with athletes of all sports and levels, or even simply wondering how yoga fits in your training, this course will give you the concrete skills to serve your students, elevate their game and focus, keep them safe and happy, and grow your business so you can do more of the work you love.
take a tour
Combining video footage from Sage’s weeklong teachers’ intensive with online classes, reading, and prompts for self-study, this course empowers teachers of any style of yoga to begin teaching yoga to athletes. It will also be useful for coaches, PE teachers, and personal trainers.
In the course, we cover:
- Philosophy: learn clear and easy ways to describe yoga philosophy in ways your athletes will appreciate
- Physiology: consider the role yoga plays in the context of a training cycle so you can best serve your students
- Psychology: understand the needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to a yoga practice
- Pedagogy: learn to modify classes for athletes of various sports, differing levels of experience, and all points in the training cycle
- Profession: define your business goals, structure a working plan, and embark on a successful career teaching yoga to athletes and everyone
- an e-book on teaching yoga to athletes and additional reading materials, which you can read on the site or in an e-reader, or print for future reference
- five lectures
- five group discussions, with more discussion online
- ten yoga practices to illustrate and integrate the principles we discuss
- extra materials, including a twelve-week sample syllabus
In addition, participants on the certification track receive full access to Sage’s sequence library.
Work at your own pace and at a time that’s convenient for you, and use your lifetime access to review the materials (and new additions) at your leisure.
Teaching Yoga to Athletes, Full Certification Track
Teaching Yoga to Athletes, Content Only, All 5 Units
Unit 1: Philosophy
Unit 2: Physiology
Unit 3: Psychology
Unit 4: Pedagogy
Unit 5: Profession
Upgrade to Certification
Questions? See the FAQ.