Yoga for Athletes Five-Day Teachers’ Intensive in NC
Monday July 15, 2019 @ 10:00 am–5:00 pm at Carrboro Yoga Company
- Philosophy: learn clear and easy ways to describe yoga philosophy in ways your athletes will appreciate
- Physiology: consider the role yoga plays in the context of a training cycle so you can best serve your students
- Psychology: understand the needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to a yoga practice
- Pedagogy: learn to modify classes for athletes of various sports, differing levels of experience, and all points in the training cycle
- Profession: define your business goals, structure a working plan, and embark on a successful career teaching yoga to athletes and everyone
Participants will gain a new awareness of the parallels between yoga and sports training and will leave feeling empowered to teach yoga to athletes in studio, gym, team, or one-on-one settings. The workshop may also be used for CEUs and CECs; contact us for details.
This intensive parallels the content of Sage’s online course on teaching yoga to athletes. After the training, you can choose to upgrade to a certification track. Upon completion of a take-home exam and submission of a teaching video, participants who are already teaching at the Yoga Alliance 200-hour level or have comparable experience will receive a certification in teaching yoga to athletes. In addition, the certification track includes free access to the online version of the course, which contains resources and specific sequences for working with different sports and needs, as well as ongoing support from Sage and your colleagues.
This course fulfills an elective requirement for the Carolina Yoga 500-Hour Teacher Training. It’s also open to everyone.
Please note: we are moving the Carrboro studio this summer, and depending on the exact date the new place is ready, we may be in Carrboro, or this training will be held at our Hillsborough location—yes, in the same building as Hillsborough Spa and Day Retreat! If we wind up in Hillsborough, we’ll help you with a carpool if you’re flying in from out of town and want to stay car-free. Carrboro housing options include a Hampton Inn and great AirBnB options in easy walking distance of the sweet downtown and new studio (no car needed!). Read more at the studio’s travel accommodations page. In addition to learning a ton, expect to enjoy your stay in our beautiful town.
Monday, July 15–Friday, July 19, 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. and 2:00–5:00 p.m.
$799; $749 until June 15