The $50 early bird savings for my upcoming continuing education program for movement teachers, Designing and Teaching Gentle Yoga Sequences and Classes, is good through August 23, so now is the time to sign up. In addition, the workshop includes a preassignment that you’ll want to spend a few hours on, so this is the perfect time to commit. We meet at Carrboro Yoga in Carrboro (Chapel Hill), NC, Saturday and Sunday, September 24 and 25.
Here’s our road map:
Come to the softer side! In this workshop, geared to teachers from any background, you’ll learn how to design and cue gentle yoga sequences and classes for all levels. Whether you use these sequences as warmups in a faster-paced class or teach exclusively gentle classes, your students—and your personal practice—will benefit.
This workshop includes a preassignment and follow-along classes to complete before we meet, so please budget at least five hours to prepare your homework in the weeks before the workshop.
Our in-person sessions will:
- Create a clear definition of what constitutes gentle yoga—and what differentiates it from yin yoga and restorative yoga (NB: join us for yin yoga and restorative yoga modules in winter 2023!)
- Calibrate our understanding of what belongs in a gentle yoga class and what doesn’t
- Workshop the student experience in gentle yoga classes, so we can serve our students better
- Prompt you to design new sequences, freshening up your class planning; you’ll also get full class plans to use right away
- Build your confidence in leading students of every age and level of ability
- Give you a warm, supportive environment in which to practice your newfound gentle yoga teaching skills and hone the abilities you already have
After we meet in person, you’ll design and submit gentle yoga class plans for Sage’s review and have some back-and-forth mentorship; budget four hours for this work. You’ll also get full access to a sequence library to help you plan classes for every student.
We meet Saturday, 10 a.m.–1 p.m. and 2–5 p.m., and again Sunday, 10 a.m.–1 p.m. (There is no Sunday afternoon session, freeing you to travel.) If you’re coming from out of town, our Travel Accommodations page has suggestions.
This is a module in Carolina Yoga Company’s advanced studies teacher training; it is also open to teachers from any movement modality.
Currently, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is required to enter the studios.
$399/$349 early (up to a month before)
There are other upcoming weekends along the same lines—join me for:
- Designing and Teaching Core Strength Sequences and Classes, October 29–30, 2022
- Fundamentals of Teaching Yin Yoga, January 28–29, 2023
- Fundamentals of Teaching Restorative Yoga, February 18–19, 2023
- Designing and Teaching Balance Sequences and Classes, September 23–24, 2023
- Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Nidra, October 28–29, 2023