This freshly updated one-of-a-kind course with America’s leading expert on yoga for athletes will help you take your teaching to the next level and empower you to teach athletes of all sports and levels in studio, gym, or one-on-one settings. Earn CEUs and expand your understanding of yoga, sports training, and the connections between them.
Students from New York to New Zealand, Canada to Malawi, and Copenhagen to Kenya have loved this course and find that going all in on your teaching career reaps amazing gains. If you’ve been dreaming of working with athletes of all sports and levels, or even simply wondering how yoga fits in your own training, this course will give you concrete skills to:
- serve your students
- elevate their game and focus
- keep them safe and happy
- sharpen your skills teaching athletes and everyone
- grow your business so you can do more of the work you love
Combining video discussion and yoga practices from my weeklong teachers’ intensive with updated lectures, other online classes, reading, and prompts for self-study, this course empowers teachers of any style of yoga to begin teaching yoga to athletes. It will also be useful for coaches, PE teachers, and personal trainers.
In the course, we cover:
- Philosophy: learn clear and easy ways to describe yoga philosophy in ways your athletes will appreciate
- Physiology: consider the role yoga plays in the context of a training cycle so you can best serve your students
- Psychology: understand the needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to a yoga practice
- Pedagogy: learn to modify classes for athletes of various sports, differing levels of experience, and all points in the training cycle
- Profession: define your business goals, structure a working plan, and embark on a successful career teaching yoga to athletes and everyone
When you register, you’ll receive online access to:
- dozens of lectures across five units
- fifteen yoga practices to illustrate and integrate the principles we discuss
- additional reading materials, which you can read on the site or in an e-reader, or print for future reference
Required reading (please purchase on your own or from the shop here): Sage Rountree, The Athlete’s Guide to Yoga, The Athlete’s Pocket Guide to Yoga, The Athlete’s Guide to Recovery, and The Runner’s Guide to Yoga.
Work at your own pace and at a time that’s convenient for you, and use your lifetime access to review the materials (and new additions) at your leisure.
Registering for this course is a major investment in your career. I’m happy to answer any questions you have about the program. First, consult this list of frequently asked questions, then write email@example.com for a personal reply. If you purchase and the course doesn’t meet your expectations, I offer a one-week refund window.
Certification in yoga for athletes is an optional upgrade. Read about it here.