Yoga for Athletes Five-Day Teachers’ Intensive at Kripalu
Sunday January 26, 2020 @ All Day at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
As more and more athletes credit yoga with taking their performance to the next level, the field of yoga for athletes is growing in exciting directions. Specializing in yoga for athletes allows you to share yoga’s benefits with a new, receptive population. Sage Rountree, a pioneer in the field, has multifaceted experience as a coach, athlete, and teacher working with endurance-sports athletes and collegiate teams.
- Philosophy: learn clear and easy ways to describe yoga philosophy in ways your athletes will appreciate
- Physiology: consider the role yoga plays in the context of a training cycle so you can best serve your students
- Psychology: understand the needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to a yoga practice
- Pedagogy: learn to modify classes for athletes of various sports, differing levels of experience, and all points in the training cycle
- Profession: define your business goals, structure a working plan, and embark on a successful career teaching yoga to athletes and everyone
Participants will gain a new awareness of the parallels between yoga and sports training and will leave feeling empowered to teach yoga to athletes in studio, gym, team, or one-on-one settings. The workshop may also be used for CEUs and CECs, including Yoga Alliance contact hours and five USAT CEU credits; contact Sage for details.
This intensive parallels the content of Sage’s online course on teaching yoga to athletes. After the training, you can choose to upgrade to a certification track. Upon completion of a take-home exam and submission of a teaching video, participants who are already teaching at the Yoga Alliance 200-hour level or have comparable experience will receive a certification in teaching yoga to athletes. In addition, the certification track includes free access to the online version of the course, which contains resources and specific sequences for working with different sports and needs, as well as ongoing support from Sage and your colleagues.
Sunday, January 26 (first session begins at 7:30 p.m.) through Friday, January 31 (last session ends at 11:00 a.m.)
You’ll save 10 percent when you sign up for this teachers’ workshop and for the Yoga for Athletes weekend that precedes it. Attending the weekend gives you a view of the work from the student’s perspective, which is always interesting, and each year a few teachers take both.