One definition of yoga is “relationship.” In this online intensive designed for teachers at any level of experience and in any style of yoga or movement teaching, we will examine the relationships that teachers have with self, students, other teachers, studios, money, and the law. You will finish the course with a concrete plan for being completely clear and professional in all your relationships, to the benefit of yourself, your students, and the yoga community at large.
Yoga studio owners Lies Sapp and Sage Rountree share their knowledge on accounting, scheduling, and the studio/teacher relationship. You’ll gain attorney Lies’s perspective on legal issues yoga teachers face, including liability and ethics, and learn Sage’s take on marketing, building a loyal student base, and developing a career—full or part-time—as a yoga teacher. The course will help you focus on your professional strengths and weaknesses, and we’ll help you set goals for building a successful relationship with your teaching as you move forward.
- Pricing models and dealing with money
- Marketing yourself with integrity
- Setting and maintaining healthy boundaries for your teaching and with your students
- Building collegial relationships with teachers and studios
- Growing your private and in-class client base
When you sign up for the course, you’ll receive instant, lifetime access to more than twelve hours of video:
- ten lectures and discussions
- four sweet yoga practices to help you feel centered, relaxed, and ready to bring in more of what you want for your career
- prompts to help you set goals and intentions for your teaching and plot clear steps to be as professional as possible
Work at your own pace and at a time that’s convenient for you, and use your lifetime access to review the materials (and comments) at your leisure.